Thursday, May 13, 2010

생일 축하합니다~

"Happy birthday to you"

First birthday I've celebrated in a foreign country! And as my gift from Sogang? The final interview exam haha. Well, I guess I can turn it around and think of my gift as being done with everything today woo! Tomorrow's graduation. Crazy to think that it's all finally and truly coming to an end! Ah, the ambivalent relief and sadness that is bittersweetness T_T!

Alas, that will be a word saved for my final post, which I think I will do when I'm back in the States ^^.

As I was studying for finals with friends and practically living in Meeple (I think I went maybe 4-5 days in a row this past week...), I pretty much have their soundtrack drilled into my head. The cafe plays the same music all the time, including I swear, at least ten remixes of Amazing Grace. All the songs have a very peaceful aura, pretty much making you feel like there are no worries in your life! The atmosphere of Meeple definitely helps with that too, which I think is a nice feeling to have while sitting in a cafe and preparing for finals.

The relief of finishing my final level at Sogang is pretty great, and I'm sure it'll feel even better tomorrow as we each step up to the front. Congrats to everyone! It's been a wonderful year :). I wonder how the students who have stuck through from Level 1 must feel!

After the interview today, my friends threw me a birthday lunch at a yummy shabu shabu restaurant :). I also received two of my favorite flavors of cake--fruit and tiramisu mm mm! Lots of picture taking ensued, and then just hanging out. Of course, with the graduation up ahead and a short play to be done during it, everyone was a bit busy, but there will be time for goodbyes tomorrow night and the day after tomorrow, and then on Sunday, I'm on a plane back to the States!

Pictures from the week:

So we were being silly because of this funny ad we saw on TV about hair loss. Here's Kevin(who shaves his head)'s "before" picture.
And after, with the help of Yoshiko haha!
Of course, they then wanted to do that to me too.
Friends friends friends :).
Me and my yummy cakes!
As usual, camera-crazy friends!
Interesting piece of art near Kyobo bookstore, where I was buying Korean books to read back at home!

I'm bracing myself for the reverse culture shock hehe. It's gonna be big! :)

1 comment:

Kelly McLaughlin said...

Happy birthday!

Man, what a journey. Can't wait to hear about that reverse culture shock. =)